How Can I protect my Social Media account from Hacking???

Protect your Social Media account from hacking

Social Media Security

“More than 4.5 billion people now use the internet, while social media users have 3.8 billion mark. Nearby 60% of the world’s population is already online, and the latest trends suggest that more than half of the world’s population will use social media by the middle of this year.”

  • Report By: Digital-2020 (January 2020)
According to the report, more than half of the world’s people are currently active members on social media.
We all have social media account. But many of us do not know how to ensure its protection!

There are many people in my friend list who are victims of hacking from time to time, then they have to open a new account without being able to do anything.
Again, there are many who say, is there anything in my account that will be hacked! And what to do after hacking?

Now come to the answer-
My own account was hacked in December 2019 and I have not been able to close it yet. I cannot answer why later, now the question is what to do with the hack?
In almost every case, hackers hack for money. There are many people who will hack you and demand different kinds of money. Will threaten. Secondly, with the intention of committing hostility or any other crime.

How do I protect my account?

Security is entirely up to you, of course your password must be at least 8+ digits.
How do I strengthen the password?
You can use your name but the name must be unique.
You can use any digit or word with your name, address / date of birth / unique.
Example of a strong password:
Facebook2004: f@CEb0OkiiO04
But never save your password in your device’s notebook to remember. Even if you keep it, you will use unique digits.
Example: *@*****k*****
In this way, even if your device is ever stolen/ lost, at least you will not get social media permission.

There are many people who share the password of our social media account or anything else with someone very close to us. A: Never do that. Whatever it is, never share.

Two-Factor Authentication: This is an effective way to keep your social media account secure. By doing this, if anyone wants, you will not get permission in your account. Because if he wants to login, a message/ verification code will come in your mobile or mail which he will not be able to login if he does not accept/ share the code.

Device & Location Check: Check the device/ location regularly so that you can see if there is a login on any device other than your device or if any other location is showing!

We give our date of birth so that our friends can celebrate our birthday. Yes, of course we will give our date of birth but we will keep the year of birth as Only Me.

Now come to my above question why I could not close that ID?
When that ID is hacked, the hacker changes my phone number and mail ID. I didn’t have 2 Factor Authentication-2FA in that ID which made it relatively easy to hack. When I tried to recover on Facebook, they asked me for my college certificate and NID/ Passport with photo. But unfortunately, they did not approve my request as I was not officially 18+ at that time due to which I could not return/ close my ID. My good news is that the hacker did not do anything from my ID, no post, no message to any of my friends.

Another reason for me to say this is to never use anything other than name change/ date of birth NID/ Passport/ Officially — it may not be possible to back up if your account is hacked in any way.

Many may think that if it is still hacked?
Somedays ago, the Twitter IDs of many legends were hacked, do you think their IDs did not have security?

Finally remember- “Hacking is not a crime. It is an art of awareness”.

So stay safe in online.
Thank you.



Reported by:

Partho Kumar Saha
State Coordinator(Punjab), DYDF-India.
Lovely Professional University-LPU,
Punjab, India.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

International Tourism Day-2020 || Tourism of Bangladesh

HE DID IT ALL!!

A TREACHEROUS JOURNEY TOWARDS SUCCESS BY TEAM PRIMUS